Therapist’s professional information
I am qualified to diploma level with HypnoTC: The Hypnotherapy Training Company, whose training has been externally accredited by the General Hypnotherpay Register (“GHR”), I am also a Certified Hypnotherapist (C.H.) with the National Guild of Hypnotists (“NGH”), of which HypnoTC are a recognised training provider. I am a member of the NGH.
I adhere to the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct of GHR and NGH. You are welcome to see a copy of this code, which also gives you information about the complaints’ procedure.
I am fully insured by Holistic Insurance Services.
All sessions will be conducted in the strictest confidence and this confidence will be maintained, and applied to any and all records (including written, informal notes, audio/video recordings), in accordance with the Data Protection Act and the subsequent GDPR legislation, except in the following circumstances:
- Where the client gives consent for the confidence to be broken (including contact GP).
- Where disclosure on the part of the therapist is required by UK law.
- Where the therapist considers the client an imminent danger to themselves or others.
- Ensure that the care of my client(s) remains my primary concern.
- Ensure that a professional therapist-client relationship is to be adhered to at all times.
- Act in the best interests of my client(s) at all times.
- Act only within the limits of my expertise (knowledge, skills, experience and training).
- Ensure that where a client’s requirements are beyond my current expertise, or if it is apparent that hypnotherapy is not the most suitable form of treatment, I will offer referral options to another therapist or healthcare professional.
- Maintain appropriate and effective communication with my client(s), other members and professionals.
- Carry out my duties in a professional and ethical way.
- Behave with integrity and honesty at all times.
- Explain fully to clients in advance of any treatment: My fees, precise terms of payment and any charges which might be levied for non-attendance or cancelled appointments (as stated in my cancellation policy – see below).
- Arrive at my scheduled session(s) on time.
- Tell the truth at all times, as it’s within my best interests to do so.
- Actively participate in my therapy session as required.
- Complete any homework tasks/activities (including self-hypnosis) set by the therapist.
- Respect my therapist and act in a respectful manner at all times.
- Maintain appropriate and effective communication with my therapist.
- That good/lasting results may require several sessions (as indicated by the therapist).
- That the therapist is not held accountable for results achieved/not achieved.
- That therapy may be terminated at the therapist’s discretion (where deemed appropriate).
- That a professional therapist-client relationship is to be adhered to at all times.
- That any physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated.
Please book all sessions via the website, and further dates can be booked after each session, to allocate certain times. Upon booking your session you will receive an email, which will include confirmation of time, pre-appointment information and payment details.
Please arrive a maximum of 5 minutes before your appointment time.
Payments for a booking should be made in advance of the session date and all details for payment and confirmed fee’s will be found on confirmation email. Payment can be made via PayPal or BACs transfer.
A 24- hours’ notice is needed to reschedule or cancel your appointment, So I may offer it to someone else. The charge for sessions cancelled with less than 24-hours will be charged at the full session fee. If you wish to cancel then please phone or email immediately.
Occasionally, circumstances might prevent me from delivering a session as agreed. I will give you as much notice as possible if this happens. I will not charge you for appointments I cancel and will do my best to re-book at a time that best suits you. I shall not be liable for any financial or other consequences of a cancellation.
For a non-attendance this will also be charged at the full session fee.
To the best of my knowledge all the information I have provided is current and accurate. I confirm that I have read, understood and agree to the terms of therapy as presented in this therapy contract: